Onto the bathrooms! One thing this challenge is teaching me is the value and importance of a regular cleaning schedule. Since I began mine a few weeks before the challenge started, I'm finding that a lot of the tasks that The Organised Housewife is setting I'm already on top of. That is such a good feeling! It's letting me focus on some of the not-so-everyday jobs like window cleaning, pantry organising, wiping down the clothes line....etc. And I'm loving it.
The list of tasks for today is quite long, but they don't really take much time at all. The more often you clean your bathroom, the quicker it is to give it a really good clean. So, I wipe down my benchtops and mirrors and clean the toilets daily. I also vacuum the floors daily, which takes care of hair and dust accumulating in the bathroom. Then, once a week on a Thursday, I give the bathrooms a really good clean that covers the shower screens, tiles, grout, taps, bath, walls and window sill. So, this list details what I do once a week, and I was quite pleased to see that Katrina's list matches up with mine nicely. I don't feel like I'm missing something!
- Spray shower with cleaner and leave for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a brush to remove the hard water build up from around the taps. An old toothbrush is ideal.
- Pop open the plug hole and give the entrance of the drain a good scrub too.
- Clean the toothbrush holder.
- Wipe over the vanity and all the items on it.
- Wipe over and refill the soap dispenser.
- Wipe down window sill.
- Clean the window.
- Wipe out the bath tub and tiles.
- Wipe the sink/s.
- Scrub out the shower and screens. I like to use a scrubbing brush to get right into the grout and corners, but I use Viva Shower Fast Wipes for my glass shower screens. They are fantastic and make the job so easy.
- Clean the toilet.
The cleaning products I use for the bathroom are: all purpose cleaning spray (I like windex surface and glass, but any all purpose cleaner is fine) for the bench tops and sinks, the Viva wipes for the shower screens (I also use them for stubborn marks in the sinks), a bit of Jif or Gumption for the grout in the shower, Viva glass and mirror wipes (brilliant!) for the mirrors and all purpose spray and toilet cleaner for the toilet.
As I usually clean my bathrooms on a Thursday, I'll do them today as part of the challenge, but will mop on Thursday instead of today. So I'm just swapping things around this week in the spirit of the challenge. But I will get back to normal when it's over.
Enjoy your day!