Monday 2 January 2012

* Let's Do It * - Cleaning my oven *sigh*

This is the first task I'm setting myself. I decided to tackle the one I dislike most while my motivation is high! 
I probably should back track a little bit and explain that I'm starting this resolution with a (mostly) clean house. In the days between Christmas and New Year we all pitched in as a family and got the main house cleaning done. I figured that beginning a year of learning to be organised would be made much easier with a clean home, so that I could set myself tasks like the one above without feeling like there's a million other things that should be done first. 
I'll write another post later today with my daily cleaning list I've made for myself so that I can spend a short time maintaining my home each day while getting stuck into things I've put off and that make my home feel 'not right'.

Which brings me to...the oven. My nemesis. Well, maybe that's going a bit far, but if there's one job I dislike more than any other in the house it's cleaning my oven. Perhaps if I did it more often and it wasn't such an onerous chore then I might be more cheerful about it. But this is my Year of Organisation so from here on in it WILL be done more often. Let me introduce you to my task for today -

You might think this is a bit random for a first post, and I imagine I may be a bit all over the place for a while until I settle into a rhythm and figure out what I'm doing. So please forgive me! The reason I chose my oven as my main cleaning task of the day is because my kitchen is clean apart from this one thing. To clean my oven will make my kitchen completely clean. So that's what I'm doing. In my post later today I'll go into more detail about other things I plan to put in this blog though, so you'll have some idea of the path I'm following :)

So. Oven cleaning. I'm not even going to pretend to be an expert on this one, so will just admit I've done some research and have decided on the chemical free vinegar and bicarb option. I'll let you know how it goes.

Nadia
 xxx

3 comments:

  1. So, how did it go? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went well! Better than I expected actually, although I did need to do two applications. But my oven was pretty bad at the time, lol! The bonus for me was that I could do it during the day with my two youngest around without having to worry about them inhaling fumes from the chemical cleaners. I spoke about how the oven went briefly in this post: http://theeverydayblessings-nadia.blogspot.com/2012/01/daily-cleaning-list-and-some-other.html
      Thanks for stopping by Fiona :)

      Delete
  2. Hmm, the link didn't work. I'm new to this blogging thing! But at the end of my post titled 'Daily Cleaning List and some other things' I spoke about it there xxx

    ReplyDelete