- 10 chicken drumsticks. I use this because it's a cheaper way to buy chicken and I find the meat is much more moist. You can use breast or mixed chicken pieces if you prefer, just use as much chicken as you'd like to eat. I pull the skin off the drumsticks because the skin won't go crispy in this dish and I prefer it off.
- 2 x 400mL tins of apricot nectar.
- 2 x 40g sachets of French Onion Soup Mix. You can use either the Continental brand or just home brand if you like.
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 large carrots, sliced.
- Mix apricot nectar and french onion soup mix together, set aside.
- Take skin off drumsticks
- Put drumsticks, peas, carrots and apricot mixture into the slow cooker.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- When cooked, you can thicken the sauce with a tablespoon of cornflour mixed with a little water.